Writing for the Web
I am so excited about the upgrade to the new Liferay version! Life will be much easier. We will have A LOT more opportunity to apply our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) rules.
I thought I would share a couple of ideas with you so that as you prepare to move to the new Liferay look with our University web pages, we start with a few good rules for writing for the web.
Less is More
Three main points
- People read less and scan more. Make it scannable.
- Be concise – short and sweet, concrete, and clear in your writing. Consider half the amount of content as compared with a newsletter.
- Use key words in your titles, headings, and content.
A few other ideas
- Most important content at the top
- Content that is easily scanned using KEY WORDS
- Bulleted text is easier to scan
- Short paragraphs with only one thought