Laura Thompson is an Ag Technologies Extension Educator and a Coordinator for the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network. In her eXtension Fellowship she has been exploring methods of effective data visualization using case studies from the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network.
In this discussed:
- principles and hindrances of effective data visualization
- Tableau as a tool for creating interactive data visualizations
- Adobe Spark as a tool for creating video “data stories”
Tuesday, May 30th at 10:00 CT
Link to recording: https://youtu.be/hfKVhZpsQAg
Link to PDF of slides: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7nnUJUeHw3fNWR2cG5GdEJIc2M (has active links)
Link to PowerPoint Presentation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7nnUJUeHw3fNWR2cG5GdEJIc2M (Will need to download PowerPoint. This version may move components within the file, however maintains the full functionality of playing the interactive graphs.)
Created with PicsArt
Smartphone Photography Webinar
- Tuesday, May 9, 10:00 to 11:00 am
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://nebraskaextension.zoom.us/j/583999580 (Sound will be through your speakers)
- For audio via telephone:
- Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
- Meeting ID: 583 999 580
Have fun and learn some cool things too, at this “Hands-on” webinar. You’ll learn:
- How photos help provide for effective communication
- Composition techniques for photos
- How to use the FREE SnapSeed app (works on iPhones, iPad and Android) to edit photos (Please download SnapSeed BEFORE the webinar) and do such things as
- Improve the white balance / lighting with just one adjustment.
- Turn a blah photo into brilliant, including suggested settings for tuning the photo
- Add text to photos
- Create a vignette to blot out extraneous outer material
- Use filters to change the mood of your photo.
- Literally “rub” someone or something out of a photo.
- How to have fun with your photos using the FREE PicsArt app (works on both iPhones and Android) Please download PicsArt BEFORE the webinar.
Here are some “before” and “after” photos edited with SnapSeed:
After the webinar, you are likely to become addicted to PicsArt and turn ordinary photos into such abstract art creations as this photo of a baby goat by my friend Laura.
Photo of Alice “enhanced” in PicsArt
The webinar is presented by Extension Educator Alice Henneman who uses photos to help promote Extension programming and would like to help you do the same.
Recently several educators have contacted me as they are getting ready to do some video work. So whether you are working on developing a vlog, videos to incorporate in an online course, or simply want to put together a video marketing piece that plays at the beginning of your face-to-face workshops to help people better understand the breadth/depth/mission of Nebraska Extension….here’s a resource you can use.
The big question has always been….what do I need to do at the beginning and end of the videos? How can I get the Nebraska Extension look and feel to my videos? And, how can I brand my videos?
Well, thanks to Mike Riese, we now have those pieces!
It’s as easy as checking them out and downloading the one(s) you would like to use!
Did you know that there is an email signature generator? I learned about it a couple of weeks ago, but I finally updated my email signature this morning. It is super easy to use, and you are able to customize the signature if you would like.
Create your own email signature at http://ucomm.unl.edu/signature-generator
Read more about the new service that generates Nebraska-branded email signatures. It also includes helpful instructions on how to add it to Outlook.
I wanted to pass along the information just in case you have not seen this email signature generator yet. Have a great day!
Link to today’s webinar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuSOUydshHU&t=18s
Mike Reise is the presenter. If you have questions, please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.